Thursday, February 7, 2019

Infected for the THIRD TIME in a ROW!?

CAUTION: This post has references to politics and tobacco. Viewer discretion is advised.

In the Christmas season of 2018, I got infected with the common cold, probably due to extreme workouts. I felt better a few days after New Year 2019.

I got infected again with said disease on mid-January due to cold showers from erratic weather and lack of sleep.

And, yesterday (February 6, 2019), I got infected through the same method as on mid-January. I also had an intense workout the day before infection, where I bench-pressed 2 sets, 11 reps, 30 lbs (instead of my usual 2 sets, 10 reps, 20 lbs) and leg-pressed 3 sets, 17 reps, 97 kg (before: 3 sets, 16 reps, 86 kg).

I think the erratic weather alternating between hot and cold is caused by the northeast monsoon, the cold front, and the approaching summer season.
That's why I keep getting cold showers at night. (I only bathe at night so that I keep my bed clean. I don't bathe in the morning because I'm lazy and I wake up as soon as work starts. Besides, I rarely smell bad after waking up, unless it was hot the whole night or I drooled.)

Oh well, I'm sort of getting used to being infected at this point.
It's not like this erratic weather will stabilize before summer vacation officially starts.
I can't wait to get back my warm, cozy showers at night.

I heard that there's also a measles outbreak in the Philippines right now due to people being terrified of vaccines after the Dengvaxia scandal where more than 100 Filipino children who didn't have dengue before died due to severe dengue after being given Dengvaxia.
Lots of diseases, like Ebola, can be mistaken for the common cold, so could I have measles?
I'm gonna need more face masks.

For the love of all that is good, STOP SMOKING. I hate cigarettes with a burning passion to the point where I'm willing to disarm smokers on sight.
Also keep your vehicles well-maintained to minimize the emission of harmful gases.

Edit, March 25, 2019: I felt completely healthy starting February 23, 2019, and haven't gotten infected since. FREAKING FINALLY!

Unrelated P.S.: I got bored with my usual workout intensities (outside of boxing training), so I got inspired by this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment