Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Why I Don't Want to Be a YouTuber (for now)

too lazy to put this in detail so, again, i'm doing list form (intentional bad grammar)


  • Two of the requirements to earn money on YouTube are 4000 watch hours in the last 12 months, and 1000 subscribers. Achieving them requires too much time and effort for me. I believe Blogger allows monetization regardless of view count? (Then again, the number of views affects how much money is earned.)
  • Even though I get my college education for free thanks to Republic Act No. 10931, my family, I think, likes saving money. Therefore, I don't have money to pay for YouTuber equipment like a webcam, a microphone, and a gaming PC. Also, I feel guilty when I ask my parents or friends for almost anything, even if it's super cheap. (Money problems are one of the reasons why I don't want to get married.)
  • The YouTube algorithm supposedly requires consistent video publishing, and I simply can't do that, considering my extremely inconsistent blog-posting.
  • I work "full-time" in a family store, where lots of vehicles pass nearby. I also know more about this store than my father and younger brother, and my mother has to do a lot of house work and outside-of-house work, so I am required to stay here.
Check out this "awesome" background with random distractions and a trash built-in webcam
My neutral expression looks better when I'm about to leave my house; this is my "stuck at home" face
Taken on Dec 11, 2018 at 5:21 PM (the sun is setting, so I turned on a ceiling light)
  • Some may argue that I don't need equipment to make quality video content, but let's just say that I simply prefer writing over videography.
On the bright side...
  • I may become a YouTuber once my dream video game is 70% finished. I want to show those who play my game (or want to do so in the future) how it is to develop the game, and even do Let's Plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment