Monday, April 1, 2019

My Plans for Summer Vacation 2019

GIF by @mozartinthejungle from GIPHY: https://gph.is/1rfJnlK

Finally, yet another vacation! My brain has been tortured by waves of long and complicated school work, including (but not limited to) 5 discussion forums, a 1200-word essay, a scrolling shooter game project, and a lot of image and audio editing. They gave me a ton of anxiety and desire to do activities that are more worth my (and maybe others') time such as writing in this trash pile I call a "blog".

The problem is, I only have until May 11 to enjoy my vacation since the darn university increased the length of a trimester from 10 weeks to 12 weeks (yet I find 10 weeks to be just as effective in teaching me, but I'm not in charge, so whatever). Thankfully, while studying, I set a goal to make my summer vacation as enjoyable as possible by reducing "lazy" time and adding more hobby time and friend time.

So here are my specific plans:

  • I might play RuneScape more often with BoltOLightnin. It's an MMORPG that DanTDM stated to have similarities with Hytale in his "RIP MINECRAFT." video. Playing RuneScape might give me some ideas on what Hytale might offer.
    Edit: I got so lazy, I only played RuneScape once this summer. I think I learn more by playing Minecraft.
  • Mess around with CraftStudio, the block-based model- and game-making tool developed by Élisée Maurer, one of the developers of the Hytale Model Maker. My first 3D model is a spear, which is below this list. (I can't put images in the middle of lists.)
  • Have my last training session with Coach G-Force on April 13, which will be a 12-round sparring session. Starting April 3, I will train really hard almost every day.
    Edit: Coach G-Force was unavailable on April 13. I'll train with him on another day.
    Edit: I had my last training session with Coach G-Force, but it was only 2 rounds because I had awful sleep. It should be posted by Sunday, May 5.
  • I will most likely make new Hytale posts, including a critique of ThirtyVirus's Hytale release speculation videos next week.
  • I'll come more often to watch YoSquid play Stardew Valley at his house. Again, in "RIP MINECRAFT.", DanTDM said that his wife is a big fan of Stardew Valley. That information could be used by Hypixel Studios to build upon what made Stardew Valley great.
  • Maybe clean up the house, especially my side of the bed. School has made me too mentally exhausted to clean. Cleaning helps ease my mindtry it some time.
    Edit: I'm done cleaning my room. Now I don't have to feel guilty about knocking over my mess while asleep.
    Most of my mess is in my storage chest, a place for rarely used personal items.
  • I have a family buffet on April 8, a vacation with my niece on April 19, and a hiking trip on May 6 to May 7.
    Edit: The hiking trip did not go through. I can't remember how; did it get canceled? Fully booked?
  • I have a hotel vacation from April 3 to April 4, so I won't do anything big. I find travel preparations to be physically and mentally stressful. My hotel vacation has been canceled because the hotel staff "made a mistake" and the hotel is fully booked.
  • More plans to come as I think of them, so check back here every day until May 11. I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Here's my very lazily designed spear:

Some stuff I most likely don't plan to do:

  • Edit my "cringier" blog posts. Someone besides me might actually like them for acceptable reasons. (You're free to tell me which ones are legitimately bad, but please say why in a respectful way.)
  • Make blog posts that I promised to do before. I've already forgotten many of the important details.

P.S. This is NOT an April Fool's post; this is totally legit. I don't celebrate April Fool's Day, I don't like certain pranks, and I REALLY HATE fake news.
Stay safe from dangerous pranks and fake news! (I used to fall for some.)

No comments:

Post a Comment