Sunday, January 10, 2021

I'm Out of Ideas, Sooo...What Will I Do With Genshin Impact When Hytale's Beta Comes Out?

Yes, I'm still addicted to Genshin Impact. It's on my currently hypothetical Top 10 All-Time Favorite Video Games. I know I should only do the Daily Commissions and spend all of my Original Resin, but man, the game knows how to pull the player in for hours on end even when the player is out of Resin. I think I spend about 6 hours a day on this game. Most of my non-"essential" activities include blindly exploring the world, killing random monsters on sight, and farming their materials. I'm THAT Ax-Crazy.

Heck, I still play Fire Emblem Heroes, but ever since I picked up Genshin Impact, I mostly auto-battle and pick the easiest difficulty whenever possible, not caring whether I win or lose. My auto-battle team consists of Lightning Bruiser Heroes who can counterattack both melee and ranged foes; these Heroes are regular Sothis, Brave Dimitri, Winter Sothis, and Fallen Tiki.

Despite me having grown extremely cynical over the past 2 months, I still expect Hytale to rise to the #1 spot on my Top 10 list. I think the most significant third-party feedback so far about first-hand Hytale experience comes from Liam Wiltshire, CTO of Tebex, the monetizer of the Hypixel Minecraft server, saying Hytale is "technically better than anything that has come before it". This is VERY high praise, especially since Hypixel Studios is not a triple-A game development company.
Hytale, for me, combines the best of many of the video game mechanics I love (at least hypothetically). It's a sandbox where you can build almost anything you want, but it's going to be more flexible and beginner-friendly than Minecraft. It has factions with intricate lore and personalities, just like many RPGs. Of course, being a game developed by Minecraft server developers, I expect an intricate hack-and-slash fantasy combat system (and support for modern and sci-fi-style combat). Probably the best part about the game is that Hypixel Studios promises Hytale can be modded easily, even by players with no programming knowledge, but I imagine skilled coders can turn Hytale into something almost completely different.

Considering I've excessively prepared for Hytale since early 2019, I think it's an insult to myself to let that investment go to waste, especially because I expect to gain a much bigger following in my blog in the years to come.
But don't get me wrong--I still love Genshin Impact and I think it'll take me more than 5 years before I get bored. (Heck, I still play Pokémon. Even my big brother is surprised.)

But First, About My Genshin Impact Save File...

Important edit: miHoYo has officially confirmed that the Battle Pass will now let F2P players get Fragile Resin. Time to waste the Fragile Resin I've farmed since I started the game!

The stronger my Genshin Impact characters are, the faster I can end fights and the shorter my playtime per session will be.

As of January 19, 2021, I'm at Adventure Rank 50. These are my main team members:

Character (sorted by usage rate)

Role

Used For:

Klee Lv. 78/80

Main DPS

Almost everything except running fast

Bennett Lv. 51/60

Support

ATK-boosting, healing

Tartaglia Lv. 71/80

Main DPS

Heavy Vaporize DMG

Fischl Lv. 71/80

DMG Support, Substitute DPS

Spreading Electro

Anemo Traveler Lv. 81/90*

DMG Support

Heavy Anemo DMG

Sucrose Lv. 71/80

Secondary DMG Support

Crowd control

Diona Lv. 65/70

Shield Support

Running fast and No-Selling, especially those annoying Cryo attacks

Kaeya Lv. 52/60

DMG Support

Running fast, quickly spreading Cryo to support Klee

Noelle Lv. 51/60

Shield Support (possibly Substitute DPS after the Ver. 1.3 Geo buff)

Co-Op healing and shielding

Xingqiu Lv. 51/60

DMG Support

Spamming Hydro with Kaeya or Klee

Mah Boi Venti Lv. ?/?

DMG Support

Massive Anemo DMG…if I had him! (I got a Starbucks Venti, though.)


*Yes, I am aware that ascending to Lv. 90 is considered by many players to be a pitfall due to how little power is gained for such a high price. But screw it. Because the Traveler can eventually use all seven elements, I want him to be future-proof. After all, Ganyu is already considered a power-crept "Cryo Amber", so what's stopping miHoYo from making the Traveler's future elemental abilities ridiculously strong?

I've played Genshin Impact since October 6, 2020, so, considering how my characters have grown strong over the past 3 months, as well as a lack of a more precise release date for Hytale (like an estimated season like winter or a month like December 2021), I'm confident my characters will become Spiral Abyss Floor 12-ready by June 2021, assuming I don't get banned by Mom or get into important appointments/family occasions that last for more than 1 day. miHoYo plz bring back venti banner (intentional bad grammar)
Edit, June 15, 2021: Unfortunately, I can only get 3 stars on Floor 11 Chamber 2.

Before I got addicted to Genshin Impact, I made the Crazy-Prepared assumption that the Hytale beta would open in November 2021--the official release date is simply "2021." To temper my expectations, I still assume November 2021 will indeed be the beta opening date; otherwise, you know the Cyberpunk 2077 release date delay rage...minus the bugs. Also, yay, Christmas sales!
But now that I'm addicted, I'm also bracing myself...for a surprisingly early Hytale beta. In fact, I've already set up a YouTube channel and a custom-decorated facecam to record the beta.
A request to Hypixel Studios, though: Add a spoiler-free benchmark test to the Hytale beta so I can test my recording. Recording Genshin Impact slows the game to about 20 FPS on my budget gaming PC, especially during combat. (Also don't read the sub-paragraph before this one. lololol)

Allocating Daily Game Time When The Hytale Beta Comes Out

Note that important appointments, family occasions, friend activities, and physical fitness take priority over all of these...except the obvious meals and sleeping.

At maximum, I should spend 2 hours on Genshin Impact, ideally shorter. I should avoid the temptation of getting every item, cutting every bush (just like Link), and buying from every shop and focus on Daily Commissions, spending Original Resin, doing Reputation Quests, doing the events, and other limited-time stuff.
If I have time to spare after playing Hytale, I can spend my spare time doing activities that don't expire or "respawn", such as Archon and Story Quests and collectibles like elemental oculi (assuming at least one region like Inazuma or sub-region like the Chasm in Liyue releases in 2021).

4 hours, ideally longer, should be spent on something you probably didn't expect: English teaching. Yes, I landed the English-teaching job I applied for in 2020.

3 hours, ideally shorter, should be spent on school work. I likely can't take full loads due to lack of course availability and because I expect to graduate this year. When I get serious, I get school work done quickly with good quality.
Once I graduate, these 3 hours will become spare time that I may randomly spend on video games or English teaching.

3 hours, ideally longer, should be spent on Hytale playthroughs. Ideally, I want to play my first 3 "worlds" (in Minecraft terms), as well as 20% of my beta experience, blind. In other words, I'll avoid researching wikis or similar resources. I want my recordings to truly feel like a new experience for me and my potential viewers.
I expect the first episodes of both the beta and full release to be about an hour long, similar to theRadBrad. Normal Adventure Mode playthrough episodes should be about 30 minutes.
I plan to focus heavily on vanilla Adventure Mode so I don't know how long episodes about other maps or minigames will be.
The Hytale time that's not being spent actually playing the game is for editing the episodes, including cutting out unnecessary parts and adding side comments.

LT, what about Twitch streaming?
YoSquid helped me test a Genshin Impact stream. He complained that it was "too laggy," even at 480p. My upload speed is only a measly 4 Mbps.
As such, I will stick to YouTube until I get my own house and can afford a much stronger Internet connection. It'll probably happen...within 10 years. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment